PROBOT – CD/2XLP (LIMITED)
RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY
CD/LP TRACK LIST
- “Centuries Of Sin” w/ Cronos (Venom)
- “Red War” w/ Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura)
- “Shake Your Blood” w/ Lemmy (Motorhead)
- “Access Babylon” w/ Mike Dean (Corrosion of Conformity)
- “Silent Spring” w/ Kurt Brecht (DRI)
- “Ice Cold Man” w/ Lee Dorrian (Cathedral, Napalm Death)
- “The Emerald Law” w/ Wino (St. Vitus, Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Place of Skulls)
- “Big Sky” w/Tom G. Warrior(Celtic Frost /Apollyon Sun)
- “Dictatorsaurus” w/ Snake (Voivod)
- “My Tortured Soul” w/ Eric Wagner (Trouble)
- “Sweet Dreams” w/ King Diamond (Mercyful Fate)
- + bonus track: WILL BE A SURPRISE
Taken from SourthernLord.com:
It was 2001 when rumors begin clogging the internet and magazines alike that former Nirvana drummer and Foo Fighters main-man Dave Grohl had ‘some new-fangled metal band’ coming out. The name Probot became an instant point of interest for thousands. For over two years, the rumors spread, morphed and magnified, and as of 2003/now (!!), the secret sleeps no longer.
ALL RISE!!! . Probot is upon us and it’s far more than anyone could have ever expected; an all-star performance record of monumental proportions. The songs on the Probot album were written entirely by Grohl. He then sent out these recordings to all of his favorite metal vocalists from a specific period of time in underground metal (83 to ’90,) Each song features its own throat and Grohl also had help from a few other dudes (Kim Thayill of Soundgarden lays a blistering solo down on the King Diamond track, Bubba Dupree from Void is on the Mike Dean track. etc…) Grohl enthustiacally explains: “There are some fast tracks, the Cronos track (Centuries of Sin) is old school fast thrash metal. The Lee Dorrian track (“Ice Cold Man”) is slow and has a dirge to it. The Snake track (“Dictatorsaurus”) is kind of reminiscent of a old Voivod track. The King Diamond track (“Sweet Dreams”) is slow. The Mike Dean track (“Access Babylon”) is sort of like an old school metal hardcore-crossover song. It moves in a lot of different ways. It isnt about me; I’m just having the time of my life in fantasy camp being able to create something with these people I listened to for years when I was young.” Probot is a ecletic metal compilation. Each track is its own unique entity, always potent, always compelling…. and completely metal!
The first grimm taste of Probot will be a two-track 7” , limited to 6,666 copies, unleashed this November on Southern Lord recordings.
This cult item will feature two Probot songs:
“Centuries Of Sin” with Cronos of Venom, “the Emerald Law” featuring Wino of The Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Place of Skulls,